1. SPONSOR & CONTEST PERIOD: The Cottonelle® Flushable Wipes Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Kimberly-Clark Corporation (“Kimberly-Clark”) (the “Sponsor”). The Contest begins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 20, 2023, and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on February 28, 2023 (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win, a person (an “Entrant”) must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding the province of Québec), who, at the time of entry, (a) is age of majority or older in the province/territory in which they reside, and (b) is not an employee, representative or agent of the Sponsor, the independent contest organization, or any of their affiliated and related companies and, if applicable, their respective advertising or Contest agencies, dealers, and members of the immediate families of, or persons domiciled with, any of the above (collectively the “Contest Parties”). In these Official Rules, “immediate family” means mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and/or legal or common-law spouse. Void where prohibited.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: No Purchase Necessary. There are four (4) ways to enter the Contest:
i. During the Contest Period, a Facebook generated advertisement (the “Facebook Ad”) regarding the Contest will be launched by the Sponsor on Facebook. Click on the Facebook Ad and complete the entry form (the “Entry Form”) with your first name, last name, a valid email address, tick the box to receive future promotional emails or newsletters (which you can unsubscribe from at any time) from the Sponsor regarding upcoming events and/or promotions and confirm compliance with these Official Rules. Upon doing so, click “Submit”, and you will receive one (1) entry (an “Entry”) into the Contest. You must have a Facebook account for this method of entry.
ii. During the Contest Period, an Instagram generated advertisement (the “Instagram Ad”) regarding the Contest will be launched by the Sponsor on Instagram. Click on the Instagram Ad and complete the entry form (the “Entry Form”) with your first name, last name, a valid email address, tick the box to receive future promotional emails or newsletters (which you can unsubscribe from at any time) from the Sponsor regarding upcoming events and/or promotions and confirm compliance with these Official Rules. Upon doing so, click “Submit”, and you will receive one (1) entry (an “Entry”) into the Contest. You must have an Instagram account for this method of entry.
iii. During the Contest Period, visit www.cottonelle.com/en-ca (the “Sponsors Website”) and sign up to receive future promotional emails or newsletters (which you can unsubscribe from at any time) from the Sponsor regarding upcoming events and/or promotions. Upon doing so, you will receive one (1) Entry into the Contest. By signing up, you are confirming compliance with the Official Rules.
iv. Commencing on January 20,2023 a promotional email (“Promotional Email”) inviting individuals to enter the Contest by clicking on the “enter contest” button within the Promotional Email will be sent to existing Cottonelle® email subscribers who have opted-in to receive promotional communications from the Sponsor. Upon clicking the “enter contest” button in the Promotional Email, you will receive one (1) Entry into the Contest. By entering, you are confirming compliance with the Official Rules.
Entries must be received on or before 11:59:59 PM ET on February 28, 2023 (the “Contest Closing Date”). Limit of one (1) Entry per person during the Contest Period regardless of method of entry. Only one (1) email address per person may be used. Anyone found to enter more than once, including by using multiple email addresses to enter, will be ineligible. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of delivery. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
4. PRIZES: There are two (2) prizes (each a “Prize”) available to be won, each consisting of $5,000.00 (CDN) which will be issued in the form of a cheque made payable to the winner as their name appears on the Release Form (see rule 6). The total value of all Prizes being awarded is $10,000.00 (CDN). Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution and cannot be transferred. Only two (2) Prizes will be awarded. Limit of one (1) Prize per person during the Contest Period.
5. WINNER SELECTION: A random draw will be held on March 14, 2023 (the “Draw Date”) at approximately 10:00 AM ET in Oakville, ON from among all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. Odds of being selected for a Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The selected entrants will be contacted by email within two (2) business days of the Draw Date based upon the information provided by Entrant at entry. If a selected entrant (a) cannot be reached by email within five (5) business days of being contacted; or (b) fails to correctly answer the skill testing question (see rule 6); or (c) fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time (see rule 6), then that selected entrant will be disqualified and another entrant will be randomly selected and the same process followed until such time as a Prize winner is confirmed or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected entrant.
6. DECLARATION OF WINNERS AND AWARDING OF PRIZES: To be declared a winner of a Prize (each a “Winner”), the selected entrant must answer correctly, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question. The selected entrant will also be required to sign a Declaration and Release Form (the “Release Form”), in which, among other things, the selected entrant: (i) confirms compliance with the Official Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded, without substitution; (iii) releases the Releases (see rule 7) from any liability in connection with the Prize or any portion thereof or this Contest or otherwise; and (iv) agrees to the use of their name, address (city and province/territory) and/or photograph without further remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to the Contest, unless prohibited by law. The Release Form must be returned within the time period specified on the Release Form or the Prize will be forfeited. Prizes will be shipped by courier within Canada to the Winner’s address provided on the Release Form within four (4) weeks of being confirmed a Winner.
7. GENERAL: By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of the independent contest organization with respect to all aspects of the Contest, which are final. Entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Contest Parties, their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising and Contest agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (the “Releases”) from any claim or liability arising from or related to submission of an entry and participation in this Contest to the full extent permitted by law.
All Entries become the permanent property of the Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrants. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
The Releases accept no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by or resulting from the Contest or a Prize or for any other reason. By entering and/or accepting a Prize, each entrant consents to the use of their name, address (city) and/or photograph without further notice or remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to the Contest.
The Releases will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, falsified or destroyed entries and all such entries are void. Entries that have been falsified, tampered with or altered are void. The Releases will not be liable for any failure of Facebook, Instagram, Sponsors Website, the Promotional Email, the Entry Form, and do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. The use of an invalid email address will disqualify the Entry. Users spamming the same email address will disqualify the Entry. In the event of a dispute, a selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s). In the event it is determined that an entrant has entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these Official Rules and/or has submitted more than the number of Entries permitted by these Official Rules, the entrant will be disqualified and all of the entries submitted by the entrant will be disqualified.4
The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, terminate, amend or suspend this Contest or to amend the Official Rules (including, without limitation, modification to any of the dates and/or timeframe stipulations in these Official Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any Entrant of any Contest-related information), at any time and in any way without prior notice, or are prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond their control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, provincial, territorial, municipal, or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s control, technical problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Official Rules. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law. The Releases shall not be held responsible for any problems, errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest.
All intellectual property associated with the Contest, including but not limited to trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations is owned by the Sponsor and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any materials related to this Contest, including, but not limited to point of sale, print or online advertising, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. To obtain a copy of the winners’ list, send a self-addressed postage paid return envelope to: Cottonelle Contest (Winner’s List Request), Dept. 4344, Box 9500 Lakeshore West PO, Oakville ON, L6K 0G4.Requests must be received by May 31, 2023.